|WikiProject Correction and Detention Facilities||(Rated C-class, High-importance)|
This section didn't have any encyclopedic content or sourced statements, and near as I could tell was someone's personal or political opinions inserted at some point into the article. Lacking anything of encyclopedic value, I deemed it fitting to delete the paragraph long section. Exteric (talk) 03:40, 28 December 2012 (UTC)
Soviet Prisoner of War Camps
Why can I find no information on Soviet POW camps, especially during WWII. I remember hearing a vast majority of the German POWs would die, and some would not return to Germany until 17 years after WWII. Is there some article I am missing, as it is not on the Gulag article at all either.
--Jadger 04:39, 30 March 2006 (UTC)
- You are right, the USSR camps were missing. I have started a stub List of POW camps in USSR, with a request for expansion. Regards Oldfarm 17:26, 30 March 2006 (UTC)
thanks a lot, I wish I knew more about the topic and I would contribute to it if I could, perhaps after my research is complete I could add some stuff.
--Jadger 21:04, 30 March 2006 (UTC)
A list of POW camps in Soviet Union in WWII has been started. Syrenab 16:55, 26 August 2006 (UTC)
World War I (1914-1918)
A list of German POW camps in WWI has been started. Syrenab 16:53, 26 August 2006 (UTC)
Are all prison camps prisoner of war camps? --Gbleem 16:22, 3 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- I would say no. To me there are major differences between POW camps, Concentration camps, Labor camps and Civilian Prisons (jails, gaols, penitentiaries, reformatories, etc).
- I would consider POW camps to be as defined by the Geneva Convention at that time.
- --- Oldfarm 00:51, 4 Dec 2004 (UTC)
WW1 - German
The sources given for the Uelzen camp are given as: "Deutsches Wochenschach and family memories". I cannot believe that there is a "Deutsches Wochenschach" since it translates to something like "German weekly chess"! My guess is that the "Deutsche Wochenschau" (~ "German weekly neewsreel") is meant but I cannot be sure.
Best regards, Thomy -- June 1st, 2011
Split Civil Table into it's own article
I get the feeling that the table listing out all the civil war camps raises some WP:DUE issues. It seems to occupy a very large portion of this article (an article which isn't specifically about the civil war). Can we consider moving the table to another article and hatlinking? Maybe something like List of Civil War Prinsoner-of-war camps? NickCT (talk) 11:10, 9 April 2013 (UTC)
- While the article is about 20 screen on my laptop, the section you want to move takes up about 4+ screen which is not really that large a proportion of the article to warrant splitting. Do any other have views on this? ww2censor (talk) 18:53, 9 April 2013 (UTC)
File:Andersonville Prison.jpg to appear as POTD soon
Hello! This is a note to let the editors of this article know that File:Andersonville Prison.jpg will be appearing as picture of the day on July 19, 2013. You can view and edit the POTD blurb at Template:POTD/2013-07-19. If this article needs any attention or maintenance, it would be preferable if that could be done before its appearance on the Main Page. Thanks! — Crisco 1492 (talk) 23:56, 4 July 2013 (UTC)
Almost nothing about life in camps
Culture, sports.Xx236 (talk) 07:27, 21 August 2015 (UTC) 1940 Summer Olympics, POW Olympics.Xx236 (talk) 07:30, 21 August 2015 (UTC) I understand that the main article is Prisoner of war, but how to divide informations between the two articles?Xx236 (talk) 07:48, 21 August 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Prisoner-of-war camp. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130528173334/http://www.civilwarnews.com/archive/articles/ft_warren.htm to http://www.civilwarnews.com/archive/articles/ft_warren.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
An editor has reviewed this edit and fixed any errors that were found.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.