This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Broadcast area||Rochester-Austin-Mason City|
|Slogan||Rochester's #1 Hit Music Station|
|Format||Top 40 (CHR)|
|Owner||Townsquare Media |
(Townsquare Media Rochester License, LLC)
|Sister stations||KFIL-FM/AM, KDOC-FM, KDCZ, KOLM, KWWK, KROC AM, KYBA|
|First air date||1965|
|Call sign meaning||Rochester|
|HAAT||338 m (1,109 ft)|
KROC-FM (106.9 FM) is a radio station serving Rochester, Minnesota. The station's transmitter is located near the Minnesota-Iowa border. The station is owned by Townsquare Media. It airs a Top 40 (CHR) music format.
The station was owned by the Southern Minnesota Broadcasting Company, along with other properties in the area, but they were sold to Cumulus Media in December 2003. KROC-FM went on-the-air at 106.9 MHz in 1965, with easy listening and classical music. The format was dropped in 1967 which resulted in a longtime simulcast with KROC until the mid-1970s. An automated MOR format called "The Great Entertainers," was KROC-FM's next format, separating from KROC, before it went to a rock format. In the 1950s, the owners launched a television station (KROC-TV), though that is now operated separately by Quincy Newspapers as KTTC channel 10.
On August 30, 2013, a deal was announced in which Townsquare Media would acquire 53 Cumulus stations, including KROC-FM, for $238 million. The deal is part of Cumulus' acquisition of Dial Global; Townsquare and Dial Global are both controlled by Oaktree Capital Management. The sale to Townsquare was completed on November 14, 2013.
|City of license||ERP
|K293CV||106.5 FM||Rochester, Minnesota||250||D||FCC|
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Archived from the original on 2010-03-01.
- "KROCFacility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Official: Cumulus Buys Dial Global, Spins Some Stations To Townsquare; Peak Stations Sold To Townsquare, Fresno Spun To Cumulus". All Access. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus Makes Dial Global And Townsquare Deals Official". RadioInsight. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus-Townsquare-Peak Deal Closes". All Access. November 15, 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- KROC FM 106.9 official website
- KROC AM 1340 official website
- KROC in the FCC's FM station database
- KROC on Radio-Locator
- KROC in Nielsen Audio's FM station database
|This article about a radio station in Minnesota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|