Buffalo Springs, Texas
Buffalo Springs, Texas
Location of Buffalo Springs, Texas
|• Total||1.91 sq mi (4.94 km2)|
|• Land||1.51 sq mi (3.91 km2)|
|• Water||0.40 sq mi (1.03 km2)|
|Elevation||3,022 ft (921 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||292.91/sq mi (113.09/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1388617|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.9 square miles (5.0 km2), of which 1.5 square miles (4.0 km2) is land and 0.39 square miles (1.0 km2), or 20.73%, is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 493 people, 227 households, and 143 families residing in the village. The population density was 312.9 people per square mile (120.5/km2). There were 303 housing units at an average density of 192.3/sq mi (74.0/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 94.93% White, 0.61% African American, 0.61% Native American, 2.64% from other races, and 1.22% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.48% of the population.
There were 227 households, out of which 20.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 54.2% were married couples living together, 5.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 37.0% were non-families. 30.0% of all households were made up of individuals, and 8.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.17 and the average family size was 2.67.
In the village, the population was spread out, with 18.1% under the age of 18, 5.5% from 18 to 24, 26.6% from 25 to 44, 34.7% from 45 to 64, and 15.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 45 years. For every 100 females, there were 108.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 106.1 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $36,389, and the median income for a family was $40,500. Males had a median income of $27,404 versus $23,500 for females. The per capita income for the village was $19,488. About 3.1% of families and 6.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.8% of those under age 18 and 3.7% of those age 65 or over.
Buffalo Springs is served by the Roosevelt Independent School District.
- Yellow House Canyon
- Ransom Canyon, Texas
- Llano Estacado
- North Fork Double Mountain Fork Brazos River
- West Texas
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Buffalo Springs, Texas
- "2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved August 7, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". United States Census Bureau. May 24, 2020. Retrieved May 27, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Buffalo Springs village, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved January 18, 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Buffalo Springs Lake, Texas, 7.5 Minute Topographic Quadrangle, USGS, 1965 (1976 rev.)
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)